Wednesday, September 14, 2005

How to Talk to God 1010

So it's been a long time since I came on this blog, but hey. Gotta start somewhere.

I guess I'll say this: I can now say I know for myself that reading scriptures, particularly the Book of Mormon, every single day morning and night--or at least once every day--really does help. I know people say that all the time, but I really can testify to this! I can't quite explain how. Everything just seems to go better--which means that things just click a bit faster, run a bit smoother...you can just breathe better. Little details that as it turns out will completely eradicate all the small stuff you sweat over.

One way to describe it is like someone put some oiling in an old grandfather clock. The clock worked just fine before...but now it's just a little bit better. A little cleaner, a little smoother--just better. It's simply this feeling of peace. You've gotta try it for yourself.

And why don't you? Start now! Read for thirty minutes day and night. Start with a prayer asking God to speak to you through His word. Or, approach Him with a specific question, such as "How can I be a better friend to so-and-so?" or "I want to do ____, is it a good idea?" Then read for half an hour. And I promise that God will answer you. I ask Him something every time I sit down, and in that thirty minutes of reading the Book of Mormon, through the words that are there and revelation through the Holy Ghost, I get an answer. It's always happened, without fail. It's always exactly what I need to hear. Ponder scriptures and then when you recieve revelation, WRITE IT DOWN!! Writing it down communicates to the Lord how you treasure it--I can't remember which General Authority said that. Write it down in a safe place and then when the thirty minutes are up, close with a prayer of gratitude. Then, throughout the day read the revelation and act on it.

Honestly, drop any other program you're on and try this. You usually get through four pages in half an hour anyway, right? I promise you, the feeling of peace and all the right gears clicking--it just can't be priced. And, you are talking with God! It's just magnificent. Try it!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger miss terri said...

yea! you found it! i've been doing that since school started. it's the best. you do it before you do your homework and you understand better and get through what you need to. it's the best!

Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home