Saturday, July 23, 2005

Chain of Memories

I followed my heart to the memories that lie on the other side of it...and I guess I can say that I found what I was looking for all along. I lost myself (see "Poet in Wicker Park", that post is so old but I still remember how hopeless I felt when I read that bewildered cry), and by losing myself I found my memories.

All I can share for now is that my future kids are gonna be a huge threat to the Dark One's kingdom. They were before with me, and we could be again. So all my life he has been using one his most perverted, twisted evils to corrupt me into jeopardizing their future, and that of my wife's. Basically, since I was a young boy he's been stopping me from having a future family. Also since my late boyhood he has also been using a perverted evil to make me almost inaffectionate towards the suffering of the Savior.

In a later post I will confess of these things. I know that while my past is dark, it can be a powerful testimony of the light.

I can't talk specifics for now about my friends. But I will say that now I know who has been chosen, and I know who we are. And I have a sacred responsibility to do with them. I know what we did. And what we can do.

I know that as I grow and mature and as I am worthy and ready, I will be given more memories according to the Lord's timetable. He will guide me to my old promises.

And those promises we all made are links and bonds in a chain. Those bonds are what hold together the chains of premortal memory in our hearts. We must do our best to follow them.

I know I have. And I took back what belongs to me by giving my agency to the Lord where it belongs. I am giving Him my heart, because I know that's where it was before.

And that's where it will always belong.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

This is interesting. Read the "Guide to the Scriptures" entry for "Heart":

"A symbol of the mind and will of man and the figurative source of all emotions and feelings."

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger miss terri said...

you're a funny duck marcus. i wish that i knew you better. think of any way to accomplish that, you know where to find me. at the moment i have to go and have to time to think. hasta.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005 6:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home