Thursday, May 19, 2005

Mountain Whispers

Yesterday, my church youth group went on a hike in a bowl valley that’s just under Mount Timpanogos. I received a couple of revelations that I would like to share.

When we headed back to eat a snack in the park after the hike, I was standing with Dan on a bridge. He had been remarking (with shock and surprise, I might add) that the river’s level was a lot higher than he had previously predicted.

It wasn’t necessarily this specifically, but I had notice that nature seemed to be undergoing some dramatic changes recently. And they weren’t really big things, like the river. Mount Timpanogos was capped in snow, and the snow hadn’t even begun to melt. This river was moving at about 15—20 miles an hour, and its level had significantly raised. The river would probably begin to flood when the snow started melting.

It wasn’t just that. There were the erosion lines in the hills. They were natural and eerily unnatural looking at the same time. There were random signs that I can’t recall that seemed to say that the whole mountain and canyon was undergoing some hefty changes.

But there were other things that weren’t just in the mountain. Just a week ago, it had been raining. Utah is just coming out of a seven-year drought, and the rain has been welcome. But it caused flooding in some areas a month or so ago, and there’s a threat that the Wasatch front may flood soon as well, if rain doesn’t stop coming. A week ago around noon, there was a solid drizzle slowly falling when I walked outside during school. The drizzle was of such a nature that one could tell that if the air was somewhat colder, the drizzle would be a light snow. It was heavy and falling slowly.

As these things went through my mind, the Spirit spoke to me. “The earth is changing to symbolize future changes.”

As I pondered this, I wondered in my heart, “What kinds of changes could they be symbolizing?”

The Spirit whispered, “Dramatic events are about to come to pass in the earth among the children of men.”

This would not be the first time that I receive a prompting from the Holy Ghost that the world is heading for something, or some things, that are bad. The peace and calm that remotely exists now is the calm before the big storm comes. And you can feel it in the wind, if you try to feel it hard enough. And I had felt this in the wind many times before.

I’ll give one example. One day in the middle of my chemistry class, after we graded homework, I was putting my papers in my backpack when I was suddenly struck with something. This feeling of…threat…or danger. I can’t fully describe the feeling. It was just this sure knowledge that something was happening, or had just happened, or was about to happen, that was…perhaps not life-threatening, but life-altering. Not something necessarily big, but something worth worrying about. And this feeling seemed to give a shadow. The shadow loomed and grew over my heart.

The most interesting part about this revelation is that I wasn’t the only one. I don’t know why, but for some odd reason I felt like turning around and asking my friend Amaya if she felt something weird. Out of sheer randomness. Amaya actually confirmed that she did feel something, and she even used the exact same phrases that I used above to describe it.

After chemistry, I had lunch. I started asking some random friends if they had felt something during third period. Almost as if they knew I would ask, each friend I asked confirmed that they did. And, they used the exact same phrases as well to describe the feeling. The amount of friends totaled to around eight to ten people.

Over the next while, if I thought of it and the mood was right, I asked other friends about the feeling. And everyone I asked said, using the same phrases for description, that they did. The people varied from a Star Wars geek to a girl I had a crush on in elementary school to a skater punk to my class “Mr. Everything” (student body president, church youth leader, etc.) to one of the biggest flirts I’ve ever met…and the weird part is that they used the same phrases (“not life-threatening, but life-altering; not something necessarily big, but something worth worrying about”). And, they all had it at the same time—sometime before noon, on such and such a day in the middle of October 2004.

When this memory came to me in my heart, the Spirit prompted me that I should start preparing myself and others for whatever was coming. And that I should begin this summer. This year had been hectic for me, and I should use this time to prepare, change and grow.

I’m still not sure exactly what all these revelations mean. But I intend to follow the promptings, because I know that they aren’t something my mind concocted. They are of God. And there is something of a warning tone in the voice of the Spirit each time.

The tone seems to be saying that the days are numbered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home