Monday, May 02, 2005

Overture

This blog is where I record my thoughts and experiences that are of a spiritual nature, and that I feel comfortable sharing with the world. A place where spiritual light can be recieved, given that soil of the heart is fertile.

The reason behind the title of the blog, "The Rainmaker Confessions", comes from a meaning of the word confession, which is defined according to the Encarta World English Dictionary as "an open acknowledgment of feelings; a profession of emotions or beliefs such as love, loyalty, or faith; a declaration of beliefs or doctrines." The word rainmaker traditionally is related to someone in business who can "bring home the bacon", so to speak, but in a broader sense it means to cause outstanding results or events to occur for the common good of a group or people. I'd like to be a rainmaker for the children of God. That's my greatest dream; to be a rainmaker among mankind, working for God .

Specifically, this confessional is going to be about things I have been taught. This blog is:

-About the greatest miracle of all time
-A testament of truth
-A rain cloud of nourishment in this darkened world

...and because I have been given much, I too must give.


Whatever you take away from these confessions, may it be a gentle, nourishing, evening rain in your heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home